Tracking Sheets / Code de conduite des étudiants
September 3rd, 2019
Mr. Pelechosky’s grade four class will be implementing tracking sheets as a form of behavior monitoring for the 2019/2020 school year. I would like each parent to be aware of how the tracking sheets will be used in the classroom. By the end of the year, it is our hope that each student will have recorded more positive behaviours than negative behaviours. Examples of positive behaviours are being ready for class on time, being polite to other people in the school, helping out without being asked, getting homework done well and on time, etc. Examples of negative behaviours are being disruptive in class, not completing homework assignments, homework left at home, inappropriate playground behaviour, having a messy desk, etc.
With positive behaviour come rewards:
- Every 3 positive entries entitle the student to a reward (mechanical pencil, etc.).
- Every 6 positive entries entitle the student to a reward and/or a positive note in the agenda.
- Students who return their completed homework on time and demonstrate appropriate classroom behavior will be rewarded with a “creativity” period at the end of the month.
With negative behavior come consequences:
- Each student is allowed 2 homework negatives a month (homework negative is when a student does not complete their homework assignment and/or returned late). If the student gets 3 or more homework negatives in that month, I will contact parents (ie. agenda note or phone call) to inform parents that the student will lose the privilege of the “creativity” period at the end of the month and instead, will be required to finish incomplete assignments or other assigned work.
- Other inappropriate behaviours will be dealt with in a variety of ways depending on the severity of the negative behaviour. All inappropriate behaviors will be recorded on the tracking sheets and parental contact will be made after three negative behaviors.
Please feel free to contact me at school with any questions or concerns about the Tracking Sheets. I am looking forward to positive behavior from all students!